Thursday, February 21, 2013

Electric Black

Inspiration:


Expression:








 










About the Look:

The photographer sent me just one photo as inspiration. She said the theme was "black" and that red lips were a must. The rest was up to me.

I was definitely inspired by that image. Black on black is a classic look. My rule is to add texture, or play with the silhouette.  I chose the spiked jacket because in the original image there is texture in the shoulder area. (If you want to know more about my jacket read the Gaga post!) Since it is so hard to match blacks, I made it obvious I wasn't trying to by combining contrasting fabrics such as leather with the soft knit peplum top, and the soft rayon sweater with shiny polyester leggings.

Knowing red lips were part of the look, I decided red nails would make a great addition. 
For my makeup I did a very heavy black smokey eye. The trick to this is to start with eyeliner, add purple shadow, and then add black shadow on top of the liner and violet. This adds more depth to the smokey eye. With any heavy lip color it's important to use lip liner so the color doesn't bleed. 

I kept the accessories simple, because I knew that they would not be the focal point. All clothing came from Forever 21, Ross, and Nordstrom Rack. 

Other than that we just hit the lights, turned on the fan, and had some fun!

All photos and inspiration image courtesy of Kaylyn Beauprey.

Thanks for reading!!
XOXO









No comments:

Post a Comment