Thursday, September 22, 2016

Outfit Post: Today is Canceled

I decided to draw inspiration from urban trends as well as classic country-western style for this look. One of my favorite things to do with my outfits is to combine things that don't seem like they would go together, and somehow make it work (at least in my opinion).

In a way, this outfit is an expression of who I am, a combination of country girl and city girl, trying to make it all work together; trying to have the best of both worlds.

I used pieces like the basic black "dad hat," the mirrored sunglasses, and the black/white graphic tee to grab the essence of current urban trend, meanwhile the plaid shirt, fringe bag, bandanna and booties all pull together for a rural feel at the same time.

I will leave info about the specific pieces I'm wearing below, but keep in mind I'm a bargain shopper and most of these things come from outlet stores or were on clearance when I got them.

















Hat- Walmart
Bandanna- vintage
Plaid shirt- Mossimo, Target
Graphic tee- Electric Pink, Ross
Jeans- Levi's
Booties- Carlos by Carlos Santana, (buy here)
Rings- assorted
Sunglasses- Fantaseyes 
Bag- Moda Luxe (similar here)
Lip color- Unicorn Blood by Jeffree Star Cosmetics (buy here)

All images courtesy of Carissa Northrup

Thanks for looking!










No comments:

Post a Comment