Wednesday, December 12, 2012

An Introduction


There I am: standing in the store staring at those shoes, trying to decide if I have to have them or if I need to eat again before payday. To some, this sounds insane. To me, this sounds like an easy decision.
Let’s just say the hunger for fashion outweighs the hunger for anything but Top Ramen. I’m a girl who has a deeply rooted love for all things fashionable. But I’m also a real girl. I don’t have money to go shopping every week, and I generally can’t afford designer things. I happen to believe that fashion isn't about being superficial, or even having the newest, latest, or trendiest items. It is art. It’s about expression. Even people who claim to reject fashion express themselves by what they wear. That girl wearing the plainest clothes she can find is expressing her rejection of fashion just as much as the girl in the floral-print leggings, platforms, and leather jacket is expressing her claim to understand it.  
Fashion plays a part in every day of my life. I could be drooling over images in a magazine, or finding a new way to wear an old shirt, but it’s always in my head. In this blog there will be no pretense of having better things than the next girl, or being able to afford more than any other 25-year-old recent college grad. This blog is about making it work with what I have. Don’t get me wrong, I love designers, fashion magazines, and shopping even when I can’t buy anything, but that’s because I’m not looking for the things I find. I’m looking for inspiration. A new look to create, a new way to wear something, or a new combination of textures, colors, or silhouettes. Almost every look I create is inspired by something, and has more thought in it than anyone might have guessed. It is my inspired expression.  Artists have many mediums through which to express themselves, mine is clothing and accessories. 
I can’t promise you will love every post, or that my fashion blog will be different than every other, but I can promise that I have a burning desire to share tips, trends, ideas, and everything else fashion with you, and to keep it real. And since no blog is fun without images, here are a few of my favorite editorials I've collected in the last several years.  I love each one for a different reason.


   
  
   
   


 So let’s say that was my introduction. From now on, this is my fashion story. 

1 comment: