Friday, December 14, 2012

What I Love Today: Sheer Lipstick

Recently I have discovered a product that I feel the need to tell everyone about: L'oreal Paris' Colour Riche Caresse lipstick. You have probably seen the advertisements. I know I did, that's why I decided to buy it in the first place. I was hoping it would be exactly like the ad, and I know it sounds crazy but I would say it actually is! Even though it is technically a lipstick, the color is so sheer, it is more like a tinted gloss. A tinted gloss that somehow isn't sticky, doesn't get clumps of color, and isn't too shiny. It looks very close to natural. It is exactly what I've been looking for. Here are some of the reasons why:
* I have a large mouth. Big lips. This makes it difficult to wear lipstick (especially in bright colors-which I love) without looking ridiculous.
* Lipstick is a very strong statement look. It can be a bit daunting! Think about it... how many people do you know that wear lipstick on a daily basis?  Heavy lipstick has a time and place.
* I like to wear color on my lips to even them out, and hide imperfections.
* A little color on the lips draws attention to them.
*I typically wear a lot of eye makeup. It is hard to wear a heavy eye with a colored lip without looking like a streetwalker or a drag queen. Not that there is anything wrong with hooker chic or being a queen, but once again, it has a time and a place ;)

So far I have bought two colors: #176 Sunset Angora, which is a subtle pink color and #179 Cherry Tulle which is a dark/bright red. I hope these pictures give you a good idea of why I love it!
These are my naked lips 

On the left is Covergirl's 400 "Temptress" compared to the Sunset Angora.
Pretty similar shades of pink. 
This is the difference between the pinks.
You can see how sheer the L'Oreal is by comparison. 
Wearing the Sunset Angora. 

A similar shade of red. The black tube is Wet N' Wild #911D Stoplight Red.
The other is the Cherry Tulle from L'Oreal 

Comparison between the red shades. Once again, so sheer!  
Wearing the Cherry Tulle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment