Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Quick and Easy Color Tip Nails: Ballerina Mani

Nail art is huge right now. It's undeniable. Every day I see amazing things done in the category of nail art and I think to myself: how do they do that!?
Well I have learned a few shortcuts. This one I actually figured out on my own!
How to make colored tips or a french manicure:

Step 1: Pick out some colors.  For this manicure I decided to make "Ballerina Nails."

911, 020, 261 Revlon. 715 Sinful Colors


Pink + White + Glitter = Ballerina!
Step 2: Get a makeup sponge, and cut it to the width of your widest nail.

Your average makeup sponge

Shortened so the width matches my widest
nail.
Step 3: Apply 2 coats of the base color. I usually like to have an accent nail.

Pearl as the main color. Light pink as accent color. 
Step 4: Have a glass of wine.

Pinot Noir anyone? 

Step 5: Paint a strip of the tip color onto the edge of the sponge.

It doesn't have to be perfect. 
Step 6: Quick! While the polish is still wet, use the edge of the sponge as your guide and press it to the tip of your nail. I like to start on one side and rock the sponge to the other side. This is also an ideal time to add the glitter to your accent nail. You will need to reapply polish to the sponge for each nail.

Don't worry about getting polish on your skin!
You can repeat this step as needed to darken/touch-up the tip color. If the edge of the sponge starts to get too saturated or soft for your liking, simply turn the sponge around and use the other edge. You can also trim the sponge down a little more for a brand new edge!

Step 7: After you have added the tip color to each nail and touched up any mistakes, use a cotton swab or a paint brush dipped in nail polish remover to remove excess polish from your skin and neaten the edges. 

Like nothing ever happened.
Step 8: Add  a top coat. 

What is your favorite topcoat? 
Step 9: Have some more wine!

My nails look better with each sip.
(A great way to pass time while they dry)
Step 10: Have awesome nails!

Left

Right

Left

Right (my nails are not smooth, the polish is though)

So that's it! Now people will think you have extremely steady hands ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment