Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ladies Night With The Blondes

Finally got out on Saturday night! As you may have guessed, my favorite thing about going out is getting ready.
We started by shopping around 4pm and made it to the destination around 11pm. It could have taken longer if we let it!
I snagged a dress at Ross without trying it on. When I got it home the fit was ok, but the skirt was a little long and ended at an awkward place on the leg.
An easy fix was to add an elastic belt and fold the skirt under a little bit, tucking it up, making it shorter.

I accessorized with new shoes, home made studded garter straps, a studded clutch, and lots of rings and bracelets. Overall my look was meant to be a little punk. I didn't try to match color at all, because the look worked together without it. It was more about coordination of style and silhouette than actually matching.

My completed look.

Jessica Simpson platfroms. Nordstrom Rack $38

My two blonde accomplices Cate (long hair) and Steph (short hair) also donned new looks for the evening. 

Stephanie likes to match, but stepped  a little out of her comfort zone by mixing bright colors. She paired her ultraflattering teal peplum dress with coral platform sandals and one of my chunky beaded necklaces. She added metallic rings and lots of attitude.

Cate fell in love with her shoes before she had found a dress, so she decided to make them her focal point. Black and white always makes color pop extra bright, and the look worked perfectly with her suede Sam Edelman heels. She played on the colorblocked bright blue and turquoise platforms by choosing a cascading necklace from my collection with beads that reflected blue tones. She also added bronze earrings, bracelets, and an armored pinky ring!

Ladies night

Confidence is the best accessory.

Such fun girls they are!
It was so lovely to step out with friends, and even better that they each let me have some input on their styling choices, hair, and makeup.
Thanks for reading!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment